- Visual acuity, literacy, and unintentional misuse of nonprescription medications.Mullen RJ, Curtis LM, O'Conor R, et al. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2018;75:e213-e220.
- Mixed-methods evaluation of real-time safety reporting by hospitalized patients and their care partners: the MySafeCare application.Collins SA, Couture B, Smith AD, et al. J Patient Saf. 2018 Apr 27; [Epub ahead of print].
- Usage and accuracy of medication data from nationwide health information exchange in Quebec, Canada.Motulsky A, Weir DL, Couture I, et al. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2018;25:722-729.
- A systematic review of primary care safety climate survey instruments: their origins, psychometric properties, quality, and usage.Curran C, Lydon S, Kelly M, Murphy A, Walsh C, O'Connor P. J Patient Saf. 2018;14:e9-e18.
- Changing how we think about healthcare improvement.Braithwaite J. BMJ. 2018;361:k2014.
- Canadian Anesthesia Incident Reporting System.Canadian Anaesthesiologists Society.
- Managing health IT risks: reflections and recommendations.Sujan M. J Innov Health Inform. 2018;25:952.
- Polypharmacy and potentially inappropriate medication in people with dementia: a nationwide study.Kristensen RU, Nørgaard A, Jensen-Dahm C, Gasse C, Wimberley T, Waldemar G. J Alzheimers Dis. 2018;63:383-394.
- Fake it 'til you make it: pressures to measure up in surgical training.Patel P, Martimianakis MA, Zilbert NR, et al. Acad Med. 2018;93:769-774.
- Addressing dual patient and staff safety through a team-based standardized patient simulation for agitation management in the emergency department.Wong AH, Auerbach MA, Ruppel H, et al. Simul Healthc. 2018;13:154-162.
- Opportunities to improve informed consent with AHRQ training modules.Shoemaker SJ, Brach C, Edwards A, Chitavi SO, Thomas R, Wasserman M. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2018;44:343-352.
- "No-go considerations" for in situ simulation safety.Bajaj K, Minors A, Walker K, Meguerdichian M, Patterson M. Simul Healthc. 2018;13:221-224.
- Advances in perioperative quality and safety.Anderson KT, Appelbaum R, Bartz-Kurycki MA, Tsao K, Browne M. Semin Pediatr Surg. 2018;27:92-101.
- Emergency department boarding and adverse hospitalization outcomes among patients admitted to a general medical service.Lord K, Parwani V, Ulrich A, et al. Am J Emerg Med. 2018 Mar 20; [Epub ahead of print].
In Conversation with...Linda Aiken, PhD, RN
- Formulas to Display in PubMed Titles and AbstractsOn June 6, 2018, the National Library of Medicine began displaying formulas in citation titles, abstracts, and keywords in PubMed. Previously, formulas were replaced with [Formula:see text].
- PubMed Commons DiscontinuedPubMed Commons, a feature that enabled authors to share opinions and information about scientific publications indexed in PubMed, was discontinued on March 5, 2018.All comments are archived on our FTP site
- New Maximum Length for Custom Filters in PubMedIn April 2018, NLM will start limiting the length of PubMed custom filters to 4,000 characters, and asterisks (*) for truncation will no longer be allowed in these filters. We are introducing a limitation on this My NCBI feature to address resource-intensive demands on the system and to continue providing a rapid response time for all […]
- PubMed Commons to be DiscontinuedPubMed Commons has been a valuable experiment in supporting discussion of published scientific literature. While many worthwhile comments were made through the service during its 4 years of operation, NIH has decided that the low level of participation does not warrant continued investment in the project, particularly given the availability of other commenting venues.
“ Achieving the “gold standard” in medical credentialing excellence requires an intricate combination of knowledge, skill, and opportunity. ”