- TeamSTEPPS Canada: Master Trainer.TeamSTEPPS Canada, Canadian Patient Safety Institute. May 8–9, 2018; Health Quality Council of Alberta, Calgary, Alberta, CAN.
- Smart pumps in practice: survey results reveal widespread use, but optimization is challenging.ISMP Medication Safety Alert! Acute Care Edition. April 5, 2018;23:1-5.
- Bedside computer vision—moving artificial intelligence from driver assistance to patient safety.Yeung S, Downing NL, Fei-Fei L, Milstein A. N Engl J Med. 2018;378:1271-1273.
- Impact of a commercial order entry system on prescribing errors amenable to computerised decision support in the hospital setting: a prospective pre–post study.Pontefract SK, Hodson J, Slee A, et al. BMJ Qual Saf. 2018 Mar 23; [Epub ahead of print].
- Physicians' perspectives regarding prescription drug monitoring program use within the Department of Veterans Affairs: a multi-state qualitative study.Radomski TR, Bixler FR, Zickmund SL, et al. J Gen Intern Med. 2018 Mar 8; [Epub ahead of print].
- Qualitative content analysis of coworkers' safety reports of unprofessional behavior by physicians and advanced practice professionals.Martinez W, Pichert JW, Hickson GB, et al. J Patient Saf. 2018 Mar 15; [Epub ahead of print].
- Quality and variability of patient directions in electronic prescriptions in the ambulatory care setting.Yang Y, Ward-Charlerie S, Dhavle AA, Rupp MT, Green J. J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2018 Jan 18; [Epub ahead of print].
- Unintended doses in radiotherapy—over, under and outside?Eaton DJ, Byrne JP, Cosgrove VP, Thomas SJ. Br J Radiol. 2018;91:20170863.
- A Just Culture Guide.NHS Improvement. London, UK: National Health Service; March 15, 2018.
- Guideline Summary: Medication Safety.Association of PeriOperatve Registered Nurses. AORN J. 2018;107:489-494.
- Human-simulation-based learning to prevent medication error: a systematic review.Sarfati L, Ranchon F, Vantard N, et al. J Eval Clin Pract. 2018 Jan 31; [Epub ahead of print].
- Safer healthcare at home: detecting, correcting and learning from incidents involving infusion devices.Lyons I, Blandford A. Appl Ergon. 2018;67:104-114.
- Relationship between psychological safety and reporting nonadherence to a safety checklist.Gilmartin HM, Langner P, Gokhale M, et al. J Nurs Care Qual. 2018;33:53-60.
- General internists in pursuit of diagnostic excellence in primary care: a #ProudtobeGIM thread that unites us all.Kwan JL, Singh H. J Gen Intern Med. 2018;33:395-396.
In Conversation with...Linda Aiken, PhD, RN
- PubMed Commons DiscontinuedPubMed Commons, a feature that enabled authors to share opinions and information about scientific publications indexed in PubMed, was discontinued on March 5, 2018.All comments are archived on our FTP site
- New Maximum Length for Custom Filters in PubMedIn April 2018, NLM will start limiting the length of PubMed custom filters to 4,000 characters, and asterisks (*) for truncation will no longer be allowed in these filters. We are introducing a limitation on this My NCBI feature to address resource-intensive demands on the system and to continue providing a rapid response time for all […]
- PubMed Commons to be DiscontinuedPubMed Commons has been a valuable experiment in supporting discussion of published scientific literature. While many worthwhile comments were made through the service during its 4 years of operation, NIH has decided that the low level of participation does not warrant continued investment in the project, particularly given the availability of other commenting venues.
- MeSH UpdatedPubMed MEDLINE indexed citations and the MeSH database have been updated with 2018 MeSH vocabulary
“ Achieving the “gold standard” in medical credentialing excellence requires an intricate combination of knowledge, skill, and opportunity. ”