- Laney's story: the problem of delayed diagnosis of pediatric stroke.Fitzsimons BT, Fitzsimons LL, Sun LR. Pediatrics. 2019;143:e20183458.
- Facilitation of surgical innovation: is it possible to speed the introduction of new technology while simultaneously improving patient safety?Marcus RK, Lillemoe HA, Caudle AS, et al. Ann Surg. 2019 Mar 26; [Epub ahead of print].
- Evidence and efficacy: time to think beyond the traditional randomised controlled trial in patient safety studies.Webster CS. Br J Anaesth. 2019 Apr 3; [Epub ahead of print].
- A really stupid mistake: it does feel like a cop out to blame my error on human frailty, but I'm afraid that's exactly what it was.Maskell G. BMJ. 2019;365:l1617.
- Safe medication management at ambulatory surgery centers.Ubaldi K. AORN J. 2019;109:435-442.
- Perceptions of pediatric hospital safety culture in the United States: an analysis of the 2016 Hospital Survey on Patient Safety Culture.Gampetro PJ, Segvich JP, Jordan N, Velsor-Friedrich B, Burkhart L. J Patient Saf. 2019 Mar 29; [Epub ahead of print].
- A systematic literature review and narrative synthesis on the risks of medical discharge letters for patients' safety.Schwarz CM, Hoffmann M, Schwarz P, Kamolz LP, Brunner G, Sendlhofer G. BMC Health Serv Res. 2019;19:158.
- "Sorry" is never enough: how state apology laws fail to reduce medical malpractice liability risk.McMichael BJ, Van Horn RL, Viscusi WK. Stanford Law Rev. 2019;71:341-409.
- Air pressure: human factors are the key to a safer flight environment.Erich J. EMS World. April 2019;48:26-31.
- Recommendations from a national panel on quality improvement in obstetrics.Lefebvre G, Calder LA, De Gorter R, Bowman CL, Bell D, Bow M; National Panel on Quality Improvement in Obstetrics. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2019;41:653-659.
- What words convey: the potential for patient narratives to inform quality improvement.Grob R, Schlesinger M, Barre LR, et al. Milbank Q. 2019;97:176-227.
- Clinical impact of intraoperative electronic health record downtime on surgical patients.Harrison AM, Siwani R, Pickering BW, Herasevich V. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2019 Apr 4; [Epub ahead of print].
- Criminalisation of unintentional error in healthcare in the UK: a perspective from New Zealand.Ameratunga R, Klonin H, Vaughan J, Merry A, Cusack J. BMJ. 2019;364:l706.
- CHPSO 2018 Annual Report.CHPSO: Sacramento, CA; 2019.
In Conversation with...Linda Aiken, PhD, RN
- PubMed Labs Update: Add Citations to the ClipboardThe Clipboard is now available in PubMed Labs, allowing users to temporarily save and collect selected citations from one or more searches.
- PubMed Labs Update: Advanced SearchAdvanced Search, including the Advanced Search Builder and History with search details, is now available in PubMed Labs
- LinkOut ConsolidationThe National Library of Medicine (NLM) will consolidate the LinkOut for Libraries programs into a single service: Library LinkOut using Outside Tool.
- An Updated PubMed Is on Its WayAn updated version of PubMed, which will eventually replace the current version, is now available on the experimental PubMed Labs platform (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pubmed/).
“ Achieving the “gold standard” in medical credentialing excellence requires an intricate combination of knowledge, skill, and opportunity. ”