- Minimizing Opioid Prescribing in Surgery (MOPiS) initiative: an analysis of implementation barriers.Coughlin JM, Shallcross ML, Schäfer WLA, et al. J Surg Res. 2019;239:309-319.
- FDA identifies harm reported from sudden discontinuation of opioid pain medicines and requires label changes to guide prescribers on gradual, individualized tapering.Silver Spring, MD: US Food and Drug Administration; April 9, 2019.
- Will human factors restore faith in the GMC?Morgan L, Benson D, McCulloch P. BMJ. 2019;364:l1037.
- Potential consequences of patient complications for surgeon well-being: a systematic review.Srinivasa S, Gurney J, Koea J. JAMA Surg. 2019 Mar 27; [Epub ahead of print].
- How to deliver safer and effective patient care: tips for team leaders and educators.Shah BJ. Gastroenterology. 2019;156:852-855.
- Teaching patient safety in global health: lessons from the Duke Global Health Patient Safety Fellowship.Johnston BE, Lou-Meda R, Mendez S, et al. BMJ Glob Health. 2019;4:e001220.
- Community Pharmacy Survey on Patient Safety Culture: 2019 User Comparative Database Report.Famolaro T, Yount ND, Hare R, et al. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; April 2019. AHRQ Publication No. 19-0033.
- Caring for the Caregiver: The RISE Program.Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Maryland Patient Safety Center. May 30, 2019; Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality, Baltimore, MD.
- Improving employee voice about transgressive or disruptive behavior: a case study.Dixon-Woods M, Campbell A, Martin G, et al. Acad Med. 2019;94:579-585.
- Using incident reports to assess communication failures and patient outcomes.Umberfield E, Ghaferi AA, Krein SL, Manojlovich M. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2019 Mar 29; [Epub ahead of print].
- A qualitative analysis of outpatient medication use in community settings: observed safety vulnerabilities and recommendations for improved patient safety.Lyson HC, Sharma AE, Cherian R, et al. J Patient Saf. 2019 Mar 13; [Epub ahead of print].
- Systems engineering and human factors support of a system of novel EHR-integrated tools to prevent harm in the hospital.Dalal AK, Fuller T, Garabedian P, et al. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2019 Mar 22; [Epub ahead of print].
- Achieving dialysis safety: the critical role of higher-functioning teams.Wong LP. Semin Dial. 2019 Mar 8; [Epub ahead of print].
- A multidisciplinary model for reviewing severe maternal morbidity cases and teaching residents patient safety principles.Ogunyemi D, Hage N, Kim SK, Friedman P. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2019 Mar 20; [Epub ahead of print].
In Conversation with...Linda Aiken, PhD, RN
- PubMed Labs Update: Add Citations to the ClipboardThe Clipboard is now available in PubMed Labs, allowing users to temporarily save and collect selected citations from one or more searches.
- PubMed Labs Update: Advanced SearchAdvanced Search, including the Advanced Search Builder and History with search details, is now available in PubMed Labs
- LinkOut ConsolidationThe National Library of Medicine (NLM) will consolidate the LinkOut for Libraries programs into a single service: Library LinkOut using Outside Tool.
- An Updated PubMed Is on Its WayAn updated version of PubMed, which will eventually replace the current version, is now available on the experimental PubMed Labs platform (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pubmed/).
“ Achieving the “gold standard” in medical credentialing excellence requires an intricate combination of knowledge, skill, and opportunity. ”